Thursday, May 30, 2013

Good things about Deployment


I was feeling a little overwhelmed last night, thinking about Jeff leaving so soon. At 11:27, I found myself wide awake, at the end of my Facebook news feed, Jeff sleeping soundly next to me, and my book splayed open, unusally unappealing.  So instead of focusing on the stress and worst-case scenarios, I started to think about the good things that this deployment might bring. Here's the list I came up with so far:

This Deployment will  may:

1. Force me to rely more on God.
2. Bring me to my knees in prayer more often.
3. Make me appreciate my husband and all he does for me and our boys.
4. Make me hunger after time with my husband (which I take for granted now).
5. Force me to rely on my friends and family, and allow them to help.
6. Erode the "supermom" mentality, which is too a high a standard, anyway.
7. Allow me to spend more quality time with the boys, and really enjoy them.
8. Give me an excuse to slow down, and appreciate everything we have.
9. Push me into a more disciplined routine.
10. Make me a better planner.
11. Encourage me to get out of my homebody shell.
12. Give me permission to not clean as much (lol).
13. Allow me to sneak in some sewing projects to pass the time.
14. Rekindle the communication in my marriage (we can only talk and write!)
15. Encourage me to be less self-reliant. (I'm notoriously self-sufficient - it's too prideful!)
16. Encourage other women who are going through the same thing.
17. Spend more time with God's word.
18. Put in some much-needed miles on the Elliptical (I've already started).
19. Give me an excuse to de-clutter, organize & deep-clean.
20. Bring me and my boys closer!

So, here's to glass-half-full thinking. Cheers!
http://coachdawnwrites.com/2012/09/are-optimists-better-coaches/glass-half-full/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...