Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 4


Pretty Muddy! Yes, indeed we were. It was an easy 5K, and it was fun! The obstacles were pretty easy, and this time around we brought our phones, so we could take pics of all the dirty action! We started the day with our cute pink tutus, pink Air Force shirts, and excitement, and we ended up looking like that pic to the left! I am so thankful for these ladies and their positive attitudes and encouragement. Also, we met Danette's friend Kate, who is a pilot, and really sweet, as she waited for us and took pics and lended her clean hands when we were completely covered and unable to take pics and open bottles! (No kidding.)

If you've never done one of these mud runs, I highly recommend it. It is fun, and even if you aren't a great runner, you'll be fine. There are lots of stops, water areas, and you are so busy from one obstacle to the next, it's hardly like you are running at all! PPR watched the boys, and they were there regular, angelic selves. (An by angelic, I mean insanely uncooperative and ornery, with short spasms of compliance.) I had a nice break from all that, though. :) yay.

On another note, all these pictures gave me fresh inspiration to work out a little more and start my clean eating plan. I came home from the run and finished off another 10,000 steps to hit over 20K for the day.  One of my goals while J is gone is to lose weight and stay consistently working out - so far, so good. I've actually been furiously exercising since May 16th - but apparently I'm lacking the diet key, so that is my next overhaul.

I'm really tired tonight, which is why it's 9 pm right now and I'm trying to bribe IZ and Luke to fall asleep next to me. So far it isn't working, but I should get points for trying. My feet are hurting, I'm starving and I'm trying to debate whether I should eat or not, and my head is trying really hard to ache. I'm going to try to get these guys to sleep!

Today's Prayer:

Father, thank you for your provisions and guiding hand today, keeping us safe through our travels and during the run, and for the conversations and friendship we enjoyed today. Thank you for placing ladies in my life who constantly inspire, encourage and challenge me. Thank you for the ability to run when other's can't - thank you for all of the volunteers who worked and organized the race for all the ladies today.  Lord, we talked about your providence in each of our lives, how you protected us even before we ever heard your voice or acknowledged our foolish, self-condemning sins. I'm so thankful for that undeserved forgiveness in my life - please open other's eyes and hearts and pull them into your  gravitational grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...