Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 5





Today was the hardest day yet. I don't know if it's because it's Sunday or I woke up with not only my feet hurting, but my arms, too...hmmmmm...whatever the reason I was definitely a little more short with the kids than I have been lately. We actually got up and were out the door and on our way to church at 8:45, which is a small miracle.  (Praise the Lord!) The VBS kids were going to be called up on stage to sing one of the songs they sang all week so the boys wore their shirts (which I accidently threw in the wash with my muddy gear so two bleach cleanings later and 30 seconds before we left the house, the shirts were dry. Phew.) E was just as excited as Luke to get up there, but I think it's because he was infatuated with "Lady Rock" (one of the VBS leaders in charge who wore a tiara and a red "robe."  It was really cute because at one point in the song they lock arms and dance around with a partner, and they both went for Lady Rock, so she had to make it work! Then I went to bring E into class and discovered there was some mayhem going on in the 4-5 yr old room so I volunteered myself and Dylan to help out during the service. I hope that E was better behaved for Mrs. Debbie during 2nd  service (we ended up staying so we could hear the sermon) because he was kind of crazy for me.  He did have some help, though, there were a couple other boys who appeared to have sugar-ladened breakfasts as well. The boys just had cereal for breaky so I let them have some "do-tees" in between services since they were "staaaaarrrrrrvvvvvvvviiiinnng." Then, my flip flop strap broke, and I had to abandon them and go barefoot the rest of church.  It was just as  well, though, because if I had functioning footwear, I might have dropped some serious dough at Trader Joe's (Trader Jizzos as my husband likes to affectionately call it).  Instead, we went home and did pretty much nothing. Well, I checked some things off the list, but nothing major. I fixed the popped tire on my Phil & Ted's - by scavenging a tire from the broken toddler bike! My dad would be so proud! I even broke a tool trying to get the tire to go onto the rim, but my determination won and I managed to smoosh it on there. I also washed the entire stroller, and scrubbed everything I couldn't throw in the washing machine.  Then we took a quick bike ride to the library to return our OVERDUE movies and a couple of books. Check 2 for the day! Then lastly, I played in the garden a bit, tying up some tomato plants, picking some weeds, and pruning the cilantro, basil and mint.  Not entirely sure of what I'm doing, but it seems to be working okay.  The golden cherry tomatoes are the best! I used them to decorate my salad and nearly ate all of them just popping in my mouth anytime I walked by the kitchen.


After a quick quesadilla dinner (don't judge me, I was going to make Turkey Pot Pie, but I didn't make the crust yet and it's soooo hot out), the boys watched 101 dalmatians and I made some popcorn.  Then, Brooke stopped by to say goodbye....(tear) they are driving to Florida tomorrow morning, they got orders, and like everyone else we meet, they are moving on and we are still here! Luke is really sad that Riley isn't going to be around anymore, and he wants us to move to Florida so we can live right down the street from him.  I wish! Maybe one day. 

I am beginning to really miss Jeff. Although it's been really nice to close the bathroom and closet door when I sleep (he likes them open) and not to stress about my nails being painted all the time, I would love to see him walk in the door tonight like he usually does and go through his entire bedtime "routine"! (Yes, he has one, he is very particular!)....I love him so much, and I am glad that I have this opportunity to feel how much I need him.  

Prayer for today:

Lord, thank you for my husband and everything he does for our family. Thank you for his career and his zeal for you and your word. Help me to be a better wife and think of his needs above my own - it is so easy for me to get lost in my self-made sea of tasks and not even recognize that he is the lifeboat you have given to save me. How foolish am I to think I can make it through without him! Lord, like David cried out - "Please, forgive my sins, for I have sinned against you" I'm handing over any of my idols - self-reliance, pride, anger, all of it. Please take them from me and bring me closer to you.  Use this time to chisel away at all those rough areas in my faith - for you know there are many. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...