Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day Two!



Today was a pretty good day! Thanks in large part to Papa Ralph (PPR) and Mimi, who came and scooped up  "Tiger Woogs" and "Snedeker" (after "snee") for a nice golf lesson with the First Tee program.  PPR also surprised Joshie with a new "real" bag, and his smaller one will be passed down to IZ, who is eager for his turn to go "goffing"!  Ralph said they did really well, and he even got to coach some of the kids because there were so many kids.  He said he bribed all the kids with a piece of gum if they made their putts. I have a feeling he was the favorite teacher today! Lol, Papa Ralph and his bottom-less pocket of goodies!

I got a few things done, but more importantly, I wrote my whole to-do list down (organized by category) on a self-made form (with checkboxes, thank you!)....because after searching online for far too long, I couldn't find one I liked. Anyway, my list is quite lofty right now, lots of errands to run, projects to complete and shopping to do....so many empty checkboxes, not enough time! Today I put Jeff's grill in the closet (no small feat if you've seen our disaster of an outside closet) so Frank won't be tempted to chew the wheels off of it - he's already gotten to the lawn mower, RIP.  I also went through all the boy's shoes and chose some to donate. (Don't worry, Jeff, all the Jordans made the cut!) And lastly, I trimmed the little sheepdog's hair right before he went golfing. I didn't want it to mess with his game!  So, three things down, and technically, four, if you count actually making the list in the first place! 

We got to see Jeff and talk to him today on FaceTime - which I think is still weird. I'm going to have to get used to seeing myself on the screen...and putting on makeup when I see Jeff calling.  He is doing good, drinking lots of water! He did his gangsta' desert face for me and I snapped a screenshot. Lol. I'm so thankful for technology that allows us to see and talk with each other. I can't imagine how it used to be when you had to wait for a letter in the mail whenever the mail got it to you! 

Tonight, Sarah and Carmen came and hung out and IZ and Lanie got to spend some time together playing. They are so adorable, and they play really well together. Lanie was really putting IZ in his place, it was pretty hilarious. We made Orange Chicken and I whipped up a peach-strawberry-blueberry tart. So yummy! PPR picked the boys up from VBS and brought them to BK for some promised burgers. What a great night for them and us! I'm so thankful for friends and downtime!

So, trying my best to be positive! Tomorrow should be a test of my patience, as I will have to venture out of the house and somehow manage to get Frank to the Vet Clinic by 8 am for the removal of his manly parts.  He's been such a spaz, and hopefully this will calm him down a little.  I'm a little stressed about the logistics of carrying him into the clinic (He's like 60 pounds) and his recovery.  Prayers for me, tomorrow! Then, I'm going to the commissary for so much needed shelf-stocking.  Allyson is going to take the kids for me so it should be a rather blissful hour and a half alone! Small victories over here, people!

Today's Prayer:

Lord, help me be thankful and recognize all the blessings you send to me disguised as friends, family, and even food!  Help me face each day with a renewed strength that only you can provide. Be with my husband as he acclimates to the heat of the desert and his new job, help my boys adjust to our new routine with their daddy being gone.  Energize me so that I can serve others, let me have open eyes for those opportunities, and a softened heart that bends to your will. Help me to remain joyful - content, patient, and faithful. 

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.  Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

-Romans 12:10-12




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...